2023 Author: Alex Livingston | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 11:39
That of the Bengal cat is a very particular and fascinating breed because it comes from a series of crosses between domestic and wild cats (specimens of Asian leopard cat, to be precise), and therefore has unique characteristics that make it quite easy to identify. Let's see in the concrete how to recognize a Bengal cat.
- Size and build: these animals are not very large in size but are very muscular and slender. As adults they weigh between 3, 5 and 7 kg.
- Mantle: The Bengal cat can have a spotted or streaked coat (with a marbled effect), in which the round patches or streaks stand out very well against the background color of the fur. The color combinations are numerous and depend on the specific cross of which the animal is fruit, but the most common is the one with a brown or golden background. The coat is generally medium-short and very soft.
- Tail: rather stocky, it is always striped and ends with a black and rounded tip.
- Legs: characterized by wide and rounded ends.
- Head: slightly small in proportion to the rest of the body; the eyes and ears are usually more rounded than those of an ordinary domestic cat.
After analyzing its physical appearance we cannot fail to talk about a detail that distinguishes this breed from many others. As we know, many felines have little sympathy for water and they try to keep their distance from it when they can: the Bengal cat, on the other hand, it seems adore it and he will not hesitate to wallow in it if he has the opportunity!
Another distinct feature of their personality is l 'Particularly active attitude and energetic, inherited from its wildest ancestors as well as the tendency not to react too well to being confined to an enclosed space or a single room. However, it is also a lot of animals lovely, who love to spend time playing with their humans and being filled with pampering.
Among the most popular breeds in the feline world, the Persian cat certainly occupies a place of honor due to its very particular appearance, essentially the work of man. Yet, despite having very specific characteristics, there may still be some confusion with other breeds.
That of the Siberian cat is an easily identifiable breed, but which nevertheless has some similarities to others. To understand if your cat really belongs to this breed, or simply to find out about them more distinctive features , read here how to recognize exactly a Siberian cat .
Many believe that cats don't feel jealous just because they tend to be less outgoing than other animals. But this is not true: in fact they can also be very jealous towards other cats, animals and people. Even if they don't spend the whole day close to you, they are always very attentive to what is happening at home, and if there is something that bothers them they will not hesitate to let you know.
Cats, unlike dogs that have evolved by learning to recognize human facial expressions, pay no attention to faces, yet they are able to distinguish their owner from other people, they know who pampered them and who gave them to eat. But how does the cat recognize its owner?
The American Bombay is a domestic cat that has many traits in common with other breeds, such as the American Shorthair and the Burmese: this can sometimes lead to misunderstandings. In this article we will show you some effective tricks for recognize with certainty an American Bombay .